Mount Vernon is a favorite destination for Washington’s in-state and out-of-state visitors. Lots of reasons for this: the climate of Skagit County is similar to that of northern France, millions of tulips are grown in the Skagit Valley, and variety is the norm in recreation, vistas, paths that diverge, and one-of-a-kind shops and cafes. In 1998, Mount Vernon was rated the #1 “Best Small City in America” by the New Rating Guide to Life in America’s Small Cities.
Airports Servicing Mount Vernon Area
• SeaTac Airport, Seattle, WA, an hour and a half south of Mount Vernon
Hotels and Motels near Mount Vernon
• Fairfield Inn and Suites by Marriott – 9384 Old Highway 99 North, Burlington, (360) 757-2717.
• Hampton Inn & Suites – 1860 S. Burlington Blvd., Burlington, (800) 488-5409 / (360) 466-4710
• Holiday Inn Express – 900 Andis Road, Burlington, (360) 755-7338 / (888) 682-3121
Bed & Breakfasts
• Katy’s Inn Bed & Breakfast – 503 S. Third Street, La Conner, (360) 466-9909 / (866) 528-9746
Campsites & Cabins